What You Can Do To Prevent A Dryer Fire
Home fires can be caused by a multitude of things, but perhaps one of the more common causes is from dryer fires. According to the U.S Fire Administration, “2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.” One of the leading causes of dryer fires is from the failure to clean out dryer and lint traps. Often dryer fires can happen more often in fall and winter months.
Here are some do’s and don'ts in regards to dryer maintenance…
- Make sure to clean your lint filter often
- Check to see that all electrical plugs are properly plugged in
- Ensure dryers are properly installed
- Keep the area around dryer clean and free of anything that can burn
- Don’t overload the dryer
- Make sure there is no loose lint in the dryer and ensure the dryer always runs with a lint filter installed
- When you leave your house, make sure not to leave the dryer running
SERVPRO is certified to complete restoration for fire damage in residential and commercial properties. We are faster to any disaster and here to help 24/7. If you need our assistance, give us a call at (626)852-9922.